Online Indexes to Journal Articles and Reports
Biological, Environmental and Life Sciences
- AGRICOLA : National Agricultural Library(NAL)Catalog and Article Citation Database
- BioOne : Index to bioscience research journals.
- Entrez, Life Sciences Search Engine : The National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) Cross-Database Search Engine.
- ESA Ecological Archives : Archive and Index to the publications of the Ecological Society of America.
- GreenFILE : index to research on human impact to the environment.
- National Sea Grant Library (NSGL) : Official archive for NOAA Sea Grant documents.
- PubMed Central (PMC) : U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH) free digital archive of biomedical and life sciences journal literature.
Business and Management
- Business Source Premier
- Patent Full Text Database : United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- Regional Business News : comprehensive full text coverage for regional business publications.
Computing Science, Engineering and Technology
- ACM Digital Library : Index to the Publications of the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- ASCE Publications Civil Engineering Database : current coverage: 1970 – Present
- IEEE Digital Library : Advanced Search
Education and Social Sciences
- ERIC Education Resources Information Center : is an online digital library of education research and information.
- History Reference Center : the world’s most comprehensive full text history reference database.
- Teacher Reference Center : Teacher Reference Center provides indexing and abstracts for hundreds of periodicals.
Law, Politics and Legislation
- Legal Information Reference Center : contains hundreds of full-text publications and thousands of legal forms.
- New Jersey Law : Links to online legal resources. Created by Paul Axel-Lute, Rutgers School of Law – Newark.
- New Jersey State Statutes : New Jersey Office of Legislative Services.
- Academic Search Premier : Academic Search Premier contains indexing for 8,025 publications, with full text for more than 4,500 of those titles.
- Articlesbase : Free Online Article Directory.
- Google Scholar : a multidisciplinary search engine for scholarly literature and online resources.
- Informe : full-text electronic index of popular Hispanic magazines.
- IngentaConnect : Index to articles from 30,315 publications.
- JerseyClicks : is a full-text, multidatabase research portal.
- MasterFILE Premier : provides full text for more than 1,950 general periodicals covering a broad range of disciplines.
News and Current Events
- Google News : Provides a quick search of current news stories.
- NJ.Com Newspaper Archive : An online index to newspaper articles from 21 New Jersey Newspapers, including the Star Ledger and the Jersey Journal, beginning in 1989.
- NewsLibrary.com : provides access to more than 182 million newspaper articles from thousands of U.S. publications.
- Newspaper Source Plus : 700+ full-text newspapers, 31 million+ full-text articles, and nearly 700,000 television and radio transcripts.
- CiteSeer x : A scientific literature digital library and search engine that focuses primarily on the literature in computer and information science.
- GeoScienceWorld : A comprehensive Internet resource for research and communications in the geosciences.
- Science.gov: FirstGov for Science – Government Science Portal
- Science Accelerator : U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE’s) scientific and technical information index.
- ScienceDirect : is a full-text scientific database to over 2,500 journals and over 11,000 books.
- Science Reference Center : is a comprehensive research database that provides easy access to a multitude of full text science-oriented content.
- Scirus : Comprehensive scientific research tool.