- The Meadowlands Environmental Research Institute (MERI), the scientific arm of the New Jersey Meadowlands Commission, offers summer and yearly internships in the chemical laboratory for highly qualified and motivated students. Students range from high school to college level and may receive ‘Senior Experience’ or college credit for their work at MERI.
- Once accepted, students will have the opportunity to work both in the laboratory and in the field. Interns will join ongoing research and work closely with professional scientists and staff. Current research projects include seasonal water quality analysis, trace metal analysis in air, real-time atmospheric gas monitoring, sediment chemical analysis, sediment core analysis and dating.
- The 2013 application forms will be available in March for all students going in to their Junior or Senior year of High School or college students interested in our Summer Program.
- Senior level High School students interested in interning one day a week during the school year for ‘Senior Experience’ credit should e-mail Sandy Speers and set up an interview.
All questions can be directed to:
Sandy Speers 201-460-2800
- **Students are responsible for their transportation to and from the NJMC complex in Lyndhurst.